We are looking for a focused, smart, and industrious intern accountant to join our growing team. As an intern accountant, you will provide vital support to the senior accountant to help streamline the company’s financial processes. If you are a recent graduate with an eye for detail, a head for math, and a team-focused attitude, you could be an ideal match for this intern accountant position.
- Assist with consolidating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports.
- Provide backup and assistance for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cost accounting identifying discrepancies and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and manage accounts using Microsoft Dynamics accounting software.
- Prepare and present regular reports about company finances including budgets, debts, deficits, expenditures, and revenue.
- Review data to ensure that proper procedures are being followed.
- Conduct or assist with fixed asset and other audits.
- Calculate taxes and prepare tax returns in compliance with payment and reporting regulations.
- Abide by control systems within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year’s accounting experience preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft Dynamics software in an accounting role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Driven, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality with regard to company accounts.
- Excellent math and accounting skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $16.00 per hour
40 hours per week