I am a Trusted Registrar with the opportunity to deliver the highest quality patient care. I will care for all patients, friends and families. I will strive to provide proficient, competent care while maintaining the patient’s sense of comfort and dignity.
As a Trusted Registrar, I will be responsible for:
- Meeting the needs of every patient
- Compassionate care
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care
- Carrying out orders by physician accurately and efficiently
- Identifying emergencies and providing necessary intervention
- Showing leadership and direction with co-workers and other staff members
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with patients, families, and colleagues
- Showing knowledge when collaborating with physicians, nurses and other clinical facilities in making decisions about patient care
- Completes the ER/Radiology/Laboratory tech skill check off, showing competency in skills necessary to assist the nurse, rad tech and physician.
- Act as Registrar, coordinating all activities and ensuring the proper operation of the registration functions
- Greet patients pleasantly and promptly upon check in and check out, providing excellent customer service
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner
- Collect co-pays and outstanding balances
- Verification of insurance at the time the patient presents for services and clear communication to the patient regarding the details of the verification
- Maintain patients’ charts with the appropriate data entry, insurance information and organization as well as demographic entry into the computer system
- Daily balancing and preparation of operational packets
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and Privacy standards
- Ability to sit at desk and utilize phone and computer for long periods of time.
- Handling of routine requests from Associate Administrator
- Maintain front office cleanliness, including the lobby and entry areas.
- Other duties may apply as assigned.
- Daily scanning and support of billing department for required documents.
- Assisting in patient transfers
- Member of the CODE Team and be an active participant in Code Blue training.
- Makes the schedule for registrar staff.
- Assists in finding shift coverage and covers shifts when needed.
- Maintain current with all Procedure Manuals
- Demonstrates appropriate appearance, dress, neatness, cleanliness and required equipment
- Observes and respects confidentiality of information regarding patients, physicians and fellow teammates
- Maintains awareness of own limitations regarding scope of practice and facility policies
- Participates in implementing planned departmental changes and activities
- Holds self accountable for delivery of quality care
- Acts rapidly and effectively, manages self, patient and other teammates during any emergency situations
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and prioritize imaging care effectively
- Implements actions including principles of safe practice and infection control
- Documents pertinent information in the patient’s medical record related to the care rendered and the patient’s response to that care
- Report pertinent information in the patient’s medical record related to the care rendered and the patient’s response to that care
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains knowledge of memorandum and communications as written and posted
- Completes all required competencies
- Follow all directives in all policies.
- The Registrar decisions and actions with patients and families are determined in an ethical manner
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the values of self and others
- Respects confidentiality at all times; follows HIPAA guidelines for disclosing information.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Regular attendance is required
As a Trusted Registrar, I must meet the following requirements:
The requirements for employment with Trusted Medical are:
- At least 1 years’ experience in working in the medical field
- Credential- Basic Life Support
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- Current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting and Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Pushing, Pulling , Bending, Stooping, Twisting
- Climbing (ascending and descending)
- Using arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs., with assistance
- Working with hazardous chemicals
- Potential for cuts or bruises
- Working near radiation sources
- Potential exposure to communicable disease
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing, and the ability to accurately discern color as necessary to perform job functions
The above requirements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Furthermore, the Registrar will read and abide with the policies outlined in the Trusted Medical Policy Manual and is responsible to comply with any revisions/updates that are communicated.